HOUSTON, Texas – Texas middle school teacher Felicia Smith has found a little trick to really capture her students’ attention, but district officials weren’t very thrilled about it.

Smith was charged with an improper relationship with a student after she allegedly gave one of her 15-year-old students a full-contact birthday lap dance in front of her third period class.

“According to the student, Smith, 42, put a chair in front of the rest of the class right as third period started. Other students encouraged the boy to sit down as music started playing.

MORE NEWS: Know These Before Moving From Cyprus To The UK

“That’s when the birthday dance began. Smith allegedly rubbed her hands on (the boy’s) body, fondled him and grinded against him. At one point, while on her knees, Smith placed her head between the 15-year-old’s legs,” the New York Daily News reports.

“The boy admitted he slapped Smith and squeezed her butt during the routine.”

Investigators located a video recording of the lap dance which showed it lasted three minutes and fifty-four seconds, KHOU.com reports.

The teacher contends she performed the erotic dance because her students were egging her on. She told police she circled the boy’s chair, lost her balance and fell on him a few times, and students laughed.

All harmless fun and games, right?

District officials said the criminal charge against Smith “was filed by Aldine Independent School District Police, who investigated the case along with the campus administration,” according to a statement.

MORE NEWS: How to prepare for face-to-face classes

“The teacher was removed from campus during the investigation and has not returned.”

Parents of students at the school seem to hope it stays that way.

“On a student? No, that’s not right,” one parent told KHOU in reaction Smith’s actions. “She needs to get it together and go somewhere else. She is a grown lady. Go somewhere else and do that.”

Smith, who has worked for the district for 13 years, declined to comment about her behavior when confronted by a KHOU news crew at her first court appearance last Friday.