IONE, Calif. – A 14-year-old student faces drug charges after he was allegedly busted at school with methamphetamine disguised as Smarties candy.

A staff member at Ione Junior High last week noticed two students acting strangely last Monday, and witnessed one snort a pink tablet during lunch time, KTXL reports.

MORE NEWS: From Classroom to Consulate Chef: Culinary Student Lands Dream Job at U.S. Embassy in Paris

“After he had it up around his nose he took some and gave it to another student,” Ione Junior High Principal Bill Murray said.

School officials asked the student about the tablet and he said it was candy, but school officials didn’t buy it. They confiscated the tablet and tested it used a drug test provided by local law enforcement.

“The results came back positive for methamphetamine,” CBS Sacramento reports. “Students were notified and the school sent an email and contacted parents by phone.”

School and police officials are unsure if more of the contaminated candy is still in circulation at the school.

“It was scary to see that these drugs are masked as candy and could be passed off to any student as such,” school officials said in a statement cited by KCRA. “It is worrisome that it can come in the forms of very popular types of snacks that we sold daily; even the packaging can be similar.”

School officials urged parents to talk to their children about taking candy from other students, and plan to hold an informational meeting with parents about the issue next month, CBS Sacramento reports.

MORE NEWS: Know These Before Moving From Cyprus To The UK

“It’s the first time in my career I’ve ever had this, and I’ve been in the business for 46 years,” Murray said. “We were shocked when it came to our attention what we were dealing with.”

The City of Ione Police Department also posted a message to Facebook about the incident.

“The Ione Police Department was contacted and an investigation was conducted,” the statement read. “Although the Ione Police Department believes this to be an isolated incident, the investigation in continuing.”

Ione Police urged anyone with information about the drugs to contact the department.

Parents, of course, were shocked by the revelation.

“I mean who would of thought that what looks like candy would be drugs?” Melissa Coviello said, adding that the candy drugs forced her to discuss the issue with her children. “It is very, very scary, and I had to sit down and go through and show not only the seventh-grader but also the little ones; you just can’t take candy from anyone anymore.”

Ione Police Chief Tracy Busby told KTXL the eighth-grader who brought the drugs to school was removed from campus and now faces a charge of possession of a controlled substance.

“It worries me a lot,” another unidentified parent told CBS Sacramento, “these kids are so young.”

Students were also concerned.

“It kind of scares me,” Brianna Huffman said, “because just the fact that … kids think it’s candy and they eat it.”